Friday, March 16, 2007

Interview with Angelique Kidjo

Yes, Angélique Kidjo drops a lot of names. But you would, too, if you knew and worked with all the people she does; and you probably wouldn't do it as entertainingly as she does. Like classical-pop singer Josh Groban, who appears in a starring cameo role on her upcoming album, "Djin Djin" (out May 1 on Razor & Tie Records) -- and whose show Kidjo will open at Raleigh's RBC Center tonight.

"We met a few years ago, when Jimmy Carter received the Nobel Peace Prize," Kidjo says, calling from a tour stop in Philadelphia. "Josh told me, 'I am a huge fan of your music,' and I thought, 'OK, who am I to say to the contrary?' Then I thought he was amazing, his voice and the way he sings. We kept meeting here and there. The second time was in Rome at 'We Are the Future: You Are the Answer,' a concert for children in countries at war. So finally, I called to have him come sing with me, and he did when he was in New York to do 'Good Morning, America.' "
Read More

Please Visit Echoes of the Land aStore

Seed Newsvine

No comments: